Career Level Middle Management
Experience 3 Years
Qualifications First Degree Bachelor
- Planning and optimization engineer (eLTE) is responsible for overseeing the design, deployment, and optimization of LTE networks. Managing the design phase will include overseeing pre-deployment equipment analysis, technology assessment, radio network planning, access planning, and interference analysis, demand planning, test and measurement of the equipment, and interfacing with the market development team.
- In the optimization stage, main tasks are to supervise optimal network performance, KPI and network statistics analysis, and parameter optimization. The individual will typically oversee and guide the work of RF and optimization Engineers, in charge of managing the day to day operations of the projects, and interface with Technical Director and Project Manager. The Optimization Engineer (eLTE) will answer technical questions as well as day to day operational questions.
Qualification and Experience
- HCIP-LTE certification is preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree or above in Wireless, Radio Transmission, Antenna, Communications and Electronics, or related fields.
- Proficient knowledge of mobile communications and principles of LTE products, signaling flow and protocols, electromagnetic theory, radio transmission, antenna system, etc.
- Ability to implement and supervise optimization project. Person who has relative project experience is preferred.
- Over 3 years of experience in radio network planning and optimization is preferred.
- Fluency in English and has potential to become a team lead for NPO.
- Customer oriented approach and good negotiation skills.
- Good verbal and communication skills.
- Perform the following RF network design, planning and optimization activities as required.
- Fully proficient in set-up, calibration, utilization, and data post-processing of drive-test hardware and software products.
- Comprehensive understanding of RF channel environment (fast fading, slow fading, time dispersion, scattering, diffraction, wave length/frequency dependence, etc.) and proper prediction model selection (Okomura, Hata, COST231, etc.) and their key parameters calibration for various frequencies.
- Good knowledge of system topology and air interface parameters of LTE.
- Understanding of system topology and air interface parameters of LTE.
- Good knowledge of Huawei equipment.
- Knowledge of system features and parameters for optimal network performance.
- Analyze network performance reports and good understanding of KPIs.
- Carry out optimization techniques (proper antenna selection for optimal horizontal/vertical performance, mechanical/electrical tilting, appropriate transmit power setting, antenna clearance, neighbor list analysis, etc.) for optimal site/cluster performance.
- Good understanding of antenna theory (aperture, gain, beam width, dipole vs. isotropic), antenna performance (return loss, impedance matching, etc.), and engineering tools (spectrum analyzer, site master, etc.)
- Perform link budget, design criteria and traffic analysis.