Career Level Executive Management
Experience 7 Years
Qualifications Master’s Degree
Summary of Role
- Responsible for supporting HIV prevention, care and treatment activities in the assigned state with a multidisciplinary team. In collaboration with Caritas Nigeria Technical Teams and facility-based teams, the incumbent will provide HIV prevention, care and treatment services to patients through technical support to facility-based service providers.
Description of Roles & Responsibilities
Provide effective support in the following regards:
- Build capacity of facility based clinicians through hands on coaching, supportive supervision and mentorship across program areas in HIV care and treatment.
- Provide technical input in the development of an integrated program work plan and contribute quota towards ensuring the achievement of program deliverables
- Scale up and monitor continuous quality improvement efforts for maintaining the quality and standards of care for HIV positive patients
- Ensure facility level conformance to the various National guidelines for HIV management by ensuring on-site availability of hard copy national guidelines, SOP’s and job aides and familiarizing service providers with the contents
- Carry out facility based needs assessments and proffer technical advice in line with organizational goals and objectives especially pertaining to service scale up
- Maintain current knowledge of HIV/AIDS patient’s standard of care at facility level through organization of regular didactic sessions, mortality reviews, case reviews/presentations etc.
- Follow up on implementation, monitoring and evaluation of quality improvement strategies identified by program area leads, training needs and participation in facility based multidisciplinary meetings such as patient care team meetings
- Direct management of complicated HIV cases (such as 2nd line and salvage therapy patients, TBHIV and other OI’s and pediatric cases) at site level
- Provide supervision to satellite facilities (spokes) as well as TB and PMTCT sites in the state.
- Monthly reporting of all activities carried out within catchment area, representation of Caritas Nigeria state/national/USG TWG meetings and related activities as designated.
- Participate in all desk time related activities including making presentations, organizational research, abstract writing and other professional developmental endeavors
- Ensure achievement of Treatment New target for assigned facilities
- Ensure the use of risk stratification tool for optimum yield of positives in assigned facilities
- Ensure every index positive patient receive Partner Notification Services (PNS) with a view to achieving average minimum elicitation ratio of 1:3
- Follow-up of all newly identified positives with a view to ensuring 100% linkage to treatment
- Support Clinical officers/Associate in the coordination of all ART clinic related activities in assigned facilities.
- Support Clinical officer/Associate and Facility Level Physician in the provision of clinical assessment and monitoring of patients on ARV therapy based on standard guidelines with emphasis on initial clinical evaluation. Treatment preparation, Same day ART initiation, in addition to prompt diagnosis of therapeutic failure using virological, immunological and/or clinical parameters as may be applicable
- Ensure prompt initiation of Positive Pregnant women on ART, all current pregnant positive women receive timely documented viral load and result used for clinical decision.
- Ensure functional and coordinated Differentiated Model of Care
- Achieve 100% regimen optimization with the use of DTG and age & gender appropriate regimen
Desired Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Degree in Medicine plus a Postgraduate Degree in Public Health is required.
- Seven (7) years post NYSC experience with at least 5 years’ experience in HIV care & treatment and at least 2 years supervisory responsibilities.
- Ability to lead teams and promote cross learning
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and make reasoned judgments in a timely fashion. Committing to a course of action without undue delay or prevarication
- Experience of dealing with difficult and sensitive situations in a professional manner.
- Ability to foster and maintain a spirit of unity, teamwork, cooperation, and learning.
- Willingness and ability to travel.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
Other jobs you may like
- @ Catholic Caritas Foundation of Nigeria (Caritas Nigeria)
- Abia, Nigeria, Catholic Secretariat of Nigeria, Plot 459 Cadastral Zone B2, Durumi, Abuja, Nigeria