Offered Salary 1000
Career Level Middle Management
Experience 7 Years
Qualifications First Degree Bachelor
- Panagora Group, a small business specializing in monitoring, evaluation, and learning, global health, and international development, seeks an experienced qualitative analysis specialist for an anticipated USAID/Nigeria Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning activity.
- This is a long-term position based in Abuja, Nigeria expected to start in Spring 2021.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide qualitative data support across the MEL activity and advise other technical staff on the use of qualitative methods, from methodological design to information analysis.
- Provide technical input during the design of qualitative data collection activities.
- Develop the qualitative data codebook according to the objectives and methodological design of each evaluation or assessment.
- Support qualitative data fieldwork, both in-person and remotely.
- Code interviews and information resulting from data collection, using the codebook, and emerging categories defined in conjunction with the technical teams.
- Create NVivo reports and searches needed by technical teams.
- Contribute to qualitative data analysis findings graphics, and other content for reports, events, success stories, and other communication products, individually or in collaboration with others.
- Working with the Data Systems Senior Specialist, guard the MEL activity’s sensitive qualitative information, according to USAID protocols, and support qualitative data anonymization and confidentiality processes.
- Train appropriate technical and administrative staff and consultants in qualitative data collection, qualitative data coding, and qualitative data analysis software, as needed.
- Execute all other functions assigned by immediate supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, public policy, political science, public health, international development, or social science that emphasizes research methods.
- Minimum of five years of experience in applying qualitative data methods in evaluation and/or research activities.
- Preferable relevant work experience and expertise in specialized field, which include the areas of: (1) economic growth and environment (i.e. agricultural development); (2) education; (3) health, populations, and nutrition; (4) HIV/TB; and (5) peace and democratic governance.
- Experience supporting MEL donor-funded mechanisms, preferably with USAID experience.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct field work in non-permissive environments, areas with hardship conditions, remote areas, and conflict-affected areas for extended periods of time.
- Advanced knowledge of qualitative statistical analysis and software such as NVIVO, ATLAS, etc.
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal, verbal and written communication, presentation and facilitation skills. Experience training colleagues a plus.
- Meaningful professional experience in Nigeria a strong advantage.
- Strong English oral and written communication skills.