Experience 5 Years
Qualifications First Degree Bachelor
Private Sector Credit Enhancement Facility (PSF):
- The Private Sector Credit Enhancement Facility (PSF) is an AfDB risk-sharing facility established to provide credit participations for AfDB NSOs in countries eligible for loans from the African Development Fund – namely low-income countries. Based on its current level of equity, PSF’s target portfolio for credit risk coverage amounts to 1.1 billion.
- Given the specificity of the PSF as a risk participant in the Bank’s NSOs, the ADF Board of Directors ensures oversight of the Facility and approves the Facility’s participation in the risks of individual NSOs in accordance with the PSF Framework and Guidelines. The PSF Administrator (PSFA) is responsible for the day-to-day management of the PSF and for mobilizing additional contributions towards the Facility’s pipeline.
- The PSF enjoys financial and operational autonomy, as its resources are totally separate from those of the AfDB and the ADF. It performs some of the AfDB’s intermediary and warehousing roles. The PSFA works closely with the relevant departments to ensure that these functions are performed in a timely manner and in accordance with applicable standards and that they meet all performance and financial planning, reporting and audit requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the PSF Administrator, the Operations and Administrative Services Assistant will carry out the following duties:
Operational and Financial Management: coordination of the work programme and implementation of the administrative budget:
- Support the management and coordination of PSF resources and implementation of the work programme consistent with the procedures and in strict compliance with the policies and guidelines of the PSF and the Bank.
- Support the operational activities of team members ; provide technical assistance to staff in the use of SAP.
- Contribute to the production of reports, presentations (layout, document review, production of graphical material), as well as Excel-based analysis, and enter/retrieve information in SAP PS and LM.
- Define and maintain an architecture for electronic archiving and coordination with the focal points of the PSF ecosystem for the search, archiving and maintenance of the operational pipeline and portfolio information as well as legal and financial documentation.
- Manage and monitor documents in BPPS.
- Ensure the secure filing of sensitive and confidential information.
- Manage the database and perform any data entry and analysis tasks, as required
- Collect and consolidate project and document data from multiple sources (DARMS, BPPS, SARS, SAP, SharePoint Collaboration, etc.) and of all types (PEN, PAR, NCP, etc.)
- Structure and organise project data in an easy-to-use format (Database).
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, IT, Commerce, Business Administration or a related discipline;
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant and practical experience in an operational service, preferably in an international organisation, especially in an international commercial bank or in the insurance sector;
- Sound knowledge of general office administration and organisation in financial institutions exposed to different levels of risk;
- Experience in the investment or development banking sector and with private sector actors;
- Administrative experience of teamwork and relationships in a development financial institution that uses risk participation or credit guarantee instruments or a credit insurance function would be an additional advantage;
- Ability to anticipate unforeseen risks by developing contingency plans and programmes to address issues that could impact the achievement of quality results;
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to provide and receive feedback;
- Maturity, reliability, integrity, adaptability and initiative are essential to perform this function;
- Ability to make informed decisions and provide advice to independently solve programme problems based on available or hard-to-find information; use relevant, timely and clear information.
- Problem-solving: Apply operational knowledge to solve problems and find solutions for the client (internal and external) and organisation ;
- Communication: Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and concise manner; present oral information with clarity and appropriate style and adapt language and style to the needs of a particular audience ;