Career Level Middle Management
Experience 3 Years
Qualifications First Degree Bachelor
- Build a strong compliance environment to ensure zero level of policy, procedures and regulatory infractions.
- Ensure prompt and effective call over of branch transactions.
- Build strong awareness in branch staff on all policy and procedures issues; zero tolerance for open GL Items, unreviewed transactions and income leakages.
- Call over of Transactions as per the approved threshold.
- Review of expense and the Branch imprest and ensure conformity with laid-down policies.
- Carrying out security sweep at least once in a month.
- Ensure complete and accurate recognition of all fees and charges on every relevant account.
- Review KYC compliance.
- Carrying out spot checks and review of activities in the branches under coverage, cash count and vault administration, funds transfer, ensuring adherence to policies and procedures
- Review of system exception message report.
- Conduct serial checks/tests on Managers Cheque/Bank draft in the branches under coverage.
- Establish and maintain an Internal Process discipline and alignment within the business.
- Ensure learning and development within the team and business on internal control standards.
- Formulate, direct and co-ordinate the delivery of excellent internal audit services in alignment with the company strategy and key objectives.
- Review the accuracy of financial records, promote operational efficiency and ensure adherence to policies and procedures.
- Examine procedures in existence to ensure that resources and assets are safeguarded.
- Coordinate the review of accounting records to ensure proper records are maintained.
- Ensure contract price and prices of purchased items are reasonable.
- Measure and be accountable for business and strategic plan execution.
- Be responsible for financial goals and measure to performance goals.
- Have insights into customer expectation and satisfaction.
- Control Adequacy rating from Internal Audit.
- Promptness and effectiveness of call over of transactions.
- Promptness, Accuracy and Validity of Exception Reporting/Rendition of all Control Activity Reports.
- Effectiveness at follow up to ensure that Internal Audit recommendations are implemented.
- Quality and Timeliness of losses and loss events reporting in processing areas.
- Bsc/HND in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 1-3 years progressively responsible experience in internal Control and Compliance environment,
- Banking experience as internal control personnel
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and databases.
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and to compile detailed reports.
- Demonstrated outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations.
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills.