Career Level Intern
Experience 2 Years
Qualifications First Degree Bachelor
- Process all approved payments in line with standard practices with appropriate supporting documents
- Provide administrative and technical support to Admin and Programs teams to ensure that all advances are retired in line with approved guidelines
- Support the Finance officer in processing funds disbursement.
- Ensure all transactions are posted into the QUICKBOOKS accounting system
- Filing of retired payment vouchers with supporting documents.
- Uploading of all approved funds to various accounts through the Organization’s various online banking platform.
- Assist the Finance officer in ensuring Donor reporting is completed, analyzed and shared with the Finance Manager.
- Ensuring compliance with all donor procedures.
- Tracking and reporting on financial aspects of grants
- Carry out banking transaction and recording of daily lodgment and withdrawals
- Monitor the expenditures and report to the Finance officer to ensure that program funds are utilized appropriately
- Efficiently manage office petty cash
- Liaise with different budget holders to ensure budget control
- Assisting in monitoring procurement procedures and expenses
- Assist the Finance Officer to Receive and process vendor invoices and internal cheque requests. Maintain open files for purchase orders, pack/receive slips and match to invoices. Verify invoices for quantity, unit pricing, extensions, and applicable discounts. Obtain approval from appropriate personnel for payment of miscellaneous invoices.
- Assist the Finance officer to Administer payroll – Take responsibility for review and preparation of payroll records and processing of payroll checks and reports. Comply with all statutory deductions and remittances to appropriate authorities. Prepare payment advice/ pay slips for all employees and respond to questions and queries. Administer any incentive-based bonuses or commissions in accordance with laid down guidelines.
- Audit – liaise with external and donor auditors in providing field information.
- Perform other Administrative duties from time to time including but not limited to supervising operational and human resources functions and performing other duties as requested by your supervisor /CEO
- BSc. in Accounting
- Class of Degree- Second Class, upper division
- Minimum of 2 years working experience
- Strong written and oral communication
- Organization and attention to detail
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Time management
- Systems analysis
- Mathematical and deductive reasoning
- Critical thinking
- Active learning
- Clerical knowledge
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite