Offered Salary 1000
Career Level Middle Management
Experience 5 Years
Qualifications First Degree Bachelor
- We currently seek a passionate leader as our General Manager, Shared Services (GMSS). We are seeking a passionate, driven, and knowledgeable professional with demonstrated leadership experience in managing her shared services portfolio, coupled with experience across administration, Human Resources, IT and Procurement.
- The GM Shared Services will work closely with the Managing Director and Executive Director, Operations to create and execute on the Shared Services vision, identify deliverable gaps and put in place appropriate structures and policies to enable the organisation to continue to scale.
- As part of the leadership of the organization, the GM Shared Services will support overall strategic and operational decision-making, in addition to fulfilling stewardship responsibilities within her division.
Strategic, Budgeting and Planning:
- Design and lead a new Shared Services function with the overall aim of delivering a high level of service that meets organizational needs, while maintaining the balance between risk, cost and service objectives.
- Develop best practice processes to deliver standardized and efficient services across Administration, Human Development, IT Procurement and Logistics functions
- Manage Shared Service functions in accordance with the organization’s strategic direction and provide effective advice and support for line managers and employees
- Stay up to date on trends and developments within functional areas of expertise by researching and deploying best practices of similar and successful companies as benchmarks
- Develop and maintain metrics as well as analyze data to assess performance and implement improvements
- Promote and lead a culture of structured Continuous Improvement through simplification, standardization and automation
- Own the service level agreement (SLA) obligations for shared services in line with cost, quality and control requirements
- Monitor the planning and forecasting of the Group’s workforce requirements, organization structure and manning levels, in line with overall corporate goals and objectives.
- Oversee the articulation and execution of the Group’s HR strategy, and ensure alignment with the Group’s corporate strategy, business goals and objectives.
- Review periodic reports of the HR function and ensure implementation of improvement recommendations.
- Drive bottom-line business performance through the creation of effective and efficient partnering, ensuring that maximizing employee-engagement is at the heart of every interaction.
- Act as a catalyst, stimulating high engagement through better manager behaviors – including the appropriate configuration of people, products and processes which ensure employee needs are satisfied and managers/employees are playing to their strengths.
- Coach leadership proactively within teams in their area of responsibility both as a team and as individuals to drive business performance through high engagement.
- Support the continuous review of the HR operating model for alignment to the corporate strategy using available data to avail HR metrics to assess the effectiveness and efficiency of the models/ strategies.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA.
- Minimum of 5 years leading Administration, Human Resources, Logistics and/or Procurement functions and with 8+ years of overall progressive administration, human resources, logistics and procurement experience.
Competency and Skills:
- Understanding of the impact of macroeconomic and industry trends on the business and the strategic options to be pursued.
- Ability to address and analyses problems and to develop strategic responses.
- Strong commercial orientation and ability to support the conversion of business opportunities.
- Ability to plan strategically and successfully lead growth within an organization.
- Excellent communication, business presentation, persuasion, and analytical skills.
- Maintains integrity and professional ethics.
- Strong leadership, supervisory and people management skills.