Offered Salary 1000
Career Level Others
Experience 2 Years
Qualifications First Degree Bachelor
- Reporting to the Medical Director, you will support the dentist in all aspects of patients’ dental care
- You will help with reception work and could help any member of the dental team – dentists, clinical dental technicians/technologists, hygienists and therapists – treat patients of all ages
- You’ll need to reassure people and put them at ease, while supporting the team in all aspects of patient care
- You will welcome patients and provide direct support with the treatment itself, taking responsibility for the decontamination of instruments, maintaining dental operating equipment, ensuring that all relevant materials and supplies are in place, looking after patient records – including making notes when the dentist is examining a patient, working closely with the dentist, responding quickly to requests and generally keeping the surgery ready for use
- You will also be responsible for ensuring high standards of cleanliness and control of infection.
- A graduate of Dental Nursing, you must be happy to work as part of a team and willing to learn and understand the science behind dentistry
- Minimum of 2 years experience
- You’ll be dealing with a broad range of people, each with their own characteristics and concerns, so you’ll need to be tactful and friendly and able to offer advice and educate others
- You will often need to follow instructions from the dentist
- You must have good dexterity and good coordination and organizational skills, able to work under pressure, sensitive with good humour, understanding and supportive with nervous patients.