SUNGAS started out as the LPG division of Mobil oil Nigeria and became an independent incorporated subsidiary of Mobil Oil Nigeria in 1962 before its eventual nationalization in 1976. This confers on us a wealth of experience and sound technical foundation.
With this expertise, we have constructed several LPG and CNG facilities. One of which is said to be the largest LPG powered kitchen in world.We own a network of LPG stations across Nigeria.
|The role is responsible for driving the company’s financial planning and profitability / revenue assurance and transformational growth strategy.
Reports to: CEO
- The goal is to protect the company’s revenues and profits to achieve full financial control and sustainable growth.
- Play an active leadership role in informing and delivering the strategy of the Group.
- Drive financial performance and advise on and track all investments.
- Ensure that the company is both adequately and optimally funded to meet all operational needs and expansion plans.
- Set, define and deliver a strategy for the finance function that is both fully aligned with the overall strategy of the company and ensures that the function adopts functional ‘best practice’ and embeds a culture of continuous performance improvement.
- Have principal responsibility for accounting, audited financial statements, management accounts, treasury, tax, financial planning, reporting and analysis of financials to all stakeholders and enterprise risk management and internal audit.
- This position leads the financial department to control general accounting, manage cash flow, prepare budget and forecast, analyze financial statements, generate financial reports, administer the company’s tax affairs and share other functional work required by the company management
- Ensure compliance with accounting standards, taxation regulations, and corporate financial policies.
- Review and control day to day Accounting operation: General Ledger, AP. AR, Inventory control, cash management etc.
- Preparing the monthly and annual reporting according to standard, prepare an annual budget, periodic management reports.
- To deal with the internal & external auditors
- Align ERP system implementation with accounting standard
- Develop financial performance analysis and forecasting tools
- Manage treasury operations.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Experience as a finance leader.
- Qualified Accountant (recognized international qualification)
- Strategic focus and forward-looking, experienced in partnering with CEO to develop and deliver business strategies.
- Previous experience in financing and debt structure.
- Proven track record of raising capital.
- Strong knowledge of accounting and internal control principles, operational risk evaluation, and governance frameworks in financial institutions.
- Good knowledge of IFRS accounting principles.